Rolling the dice on vacation, packages, credit cards, and COVID-19 test! Sounds like something out of a movie, but this is the world that we live in now. The Doe family, has decided to take a vacation out of the country, they purchase their tickets off the American Airlines website, and receive their e-tickets via their respective email accounts. The trip is less than 45 days, and upon investigation, there is aren’t any COVID-19 tests required when leaving the United States to visit Colombia. So the 45 days goes by rapidly, and the Doe family is prepared to take their 7 day trip to Bogota, Colombia, once they settle into their hotel, and take a trip for site seeing, and visiting various tourists activities, they find out from one of the tourist, who is about to check out that a COVID-19 test is required within 72 hours of departure, and it has to be from an approved American Airlines testing facility. So the family finds a testing center 15 minutes away from their hotel, and all 5 family members are tested, and one of the family members has a positive test result from the testing facility, so now the family is in panic mood, because all three children start school less than 96 hours from the departure date. The Doe family decides that, Mrs. Doe will stay back in the hotel in quarantine with their 8 year old son. What could have been done to prevent this from happening?
1. Find out if the country that you’re visiting requires a COVID-19 test.
2. Have a credit card with a large enough credit limit so that you can cover your meals, room and any other type of expenses, while you, and your family might be in quarantined in a hotel.
3. Call 1-800-275-8777 (800-ASK-USPS), if you will be gone for an significant amount of weeks, place your mail on hold, because who wants a porch pirate to steal all of your packages while you, and your family are out of town.
4. Call your neighbor, and tell them to pick up all of your packages, while you’re out of town, and if you never submitted a hold mail form to take all of your mail that has been sitting in your mailbox, and could attract thieves when they see packages stacked on top of one another.
5. Have your email readily available, because the testing center will normally send your results to your email, so make sure that your phone is charged, and ready for any type of emergency in the event that your phone is required.
6. Notify your job, that you will be in quarantine for the next two weeks, so that when you return, your money will not be compromised.
7. Stay in touch with your immediate family, and friends.
These are just a few tips that can assist you while your on vacation with your family, rolling the dice on vacation, packages, credit cards, and COVID-19 test! www.iwantmymail.com More than just a blog!